The Biden administration is grappling with how to respond to China's ramped-up aggression against Taiwan without accidentally starting a war, as bipartisan lawmakers pressure the President to get tougher on Beijing -- and fast.
• British lawmakers face risks when working face-to-face with voters
• US Capitol Police officer indicted on obstruction of justice charges related to Jan. 6
The Clean Electricity Performance Program, the cornerstone climate policy in Democrats' massive social safety net package, will likely be dropped from the final budget deal after pushback from Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia, three congressional sources told CNN.
• CDC releases holiday season safety guidance
CNN's Jake Tapper presses White House press secretary Jen Psaki about a tweet from President Joe Biden's chief of staff Ron Klain endorsing the idea that inflation is a "high-class problem."
• Biden hints a possible compromises in his spending plan • Jill Biden makes high-stakes campaign appearances for the first time as first lady
If you listen closely enough, politicians will usually tell you the truth -- even if they don't do it on purpose. Witness Sen. Chuck Grassley, accepting the endorsement of former President Donald Trump at a rally over the weekend in Iowa.
Russian President Vladimir Putin has been accused of making a sexist remark to a female journalist at an event this week. CNN's Sam Kiley reports.
• Opinion: For families like mine, the social services in Biden's budget proposal are a choice between life and death